Expectations MET. In fact, we`ll aim to exceed all of your expectations when you stay at the Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel.
The hotel is in a fantastic location. It`s easy to get here, and you`ll find loads to do. Take a peek at the shops, the theatre or the museums. Take a hike to the Peaks. Or stay put. You`ll have a spacious comfortable bedroom with great room service. And you`ll always enjoy the atmosphere, the food and the company in the bar and restaurant
The comfortable Standard Rooms of the Sheffield Metropolitan, feature room service, TV with Freeview channels, complimentary toiletries, high-speed Internet access (fees apply) and coffee and tea-making facilities.
Picasso Restaurant offers excellent brasserie-style dishes from an inviting, open kitchen. Guests can dine on tempting classics such as English spring lamb rump with thyme mash and glazed baby vegetables. A hearty buffet breakfast and an express breakfast are also available for guests on the run.
With two modern and flexible conference rooms for up to 40 delegates, the Sheffield Metropolitan regularly hosts meetings, small conferences and business events.
When you book your workplace event at The Met you have exclusive use of its easily accessible, ground-floor meeting and conferencing facilities. There will be no other companies around and you will be left completely undisturbed for as long as you require. Of course, the friendly and helpful team are always on hand to offer support when needed and to provide refreshments including freshly baked nibbles, handmade in-house by one of their accomplished chefs.
The conferencing facilities are second to none with no hidden costs and meeting rooms are fully equipped with wall-mounted screens,flip charts and a data projector.
The location in the Quay-Side district gives you quick and easy access to the city, and interesting attractions for group events.
So if you have business in Sheffield, come and stay at the Metropolitan.
• On Site car parking is now available at the hotel.
• From the North and South, exit M1 Junction 33
• Follow dual carriage way and signs for Sheffield (A630 which becomes A 57) for approx. 4.5 miles until you come see signs for Lower Don Valley
• Move into right Hand lane and turn right at traffic lights onto Derek Dooley Way
• Stay in Left Hand Lane and follow road through first set of traffic lights
• At next set of lights stay left in filter lane onto the Wicker – you will see Wicker Pharmacy
• Carry straight on to set of lights (bus stop next to it) then turn left over Ladys Bridge
• You will see hotel on your left, pull in to hotel car park on your left just after bridge.
• Parking is available in the Q Car Park on Broad Street, opposite the hotel. If you don’t have much luggage it is recommended you park your car first and then proceed to the hotel.
• The Address for the Q Park, is Broad Street West, Castlegate, Sheffield, S1 2BQ
By road to Q-Park Castlegate
• From the North and South, exit M1 Junction 33,
• Follow dual carriage way and signs for Sheffield (A630 which becomes A 57) to Park Square Roundabout.
• Take the 5th exit onto Exchange Place B6073 (follow signs for Ponds Forge)
• Turn left onto Broad Street
• Castlegate Car Park is located on the right.
By foot from Car Park to The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel
• Exit car park of pedestrian entrance and turn left
• Walk straight ahead and then cross over Blonk Street,
• The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel will be directly in front of you.
Travelling by Rail?
Exit Train Station at main entrance and turn Right, Follow main road along to foot bridge.
Go up and over foot bridge and walk straight on across tram lines and down a footpath which takes you over a fly over down to the road side. The hotel is in front of you on the right. Walking should take approximately 10 minutes. Alternatively taxis are available at the station and will take 5 minutes costing around £5.00.