Hartwell House Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Hartwell, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP17 8NR - United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 01296747444
Hartwell House is a Grade I listed Jacobean and Georgian House, two miles west of Aylesbury, surrounded by ninety acres of gardens and parkland. These include many garden buildings, the iconography of which relate, like those at nearby Stowe, to 18th C Whig Country House Politics. The most famous resident of Hartwell was the exiled King of France, Louis XVIII, with his court from 1809 to 1814.
It is set in rural countryside yet only one hour from central London and Heathrow and Luton Airports, and is an ideal place for a few days` relaxation. The hotel also lends itself to quick city breaks, or as a base for exploring Oxford, the Cotswolds, and the Chiltern Hills. An overnight stay at Hartwell is a good way to overcome jetlag on arrival in Britain, or as a memorable place to stay before leaving the UK. The hotel is a popular venue for top level Special Events as well as Spa relaxation.
The large and historic public rooms provide great comfort for relaxing with friends before enjoying the imaginative cooking of our Head Chef in our dining rooms.
There are forty-eight bedrooms and suites located in the Main House and Hartwell Court with several elegant and spacious reception rooms that have outstanding decorative ceilings and panelling, antique furniture and fine paintings. The 92 acres of parkland are ideal to walk with a ruined church, bridge, lake, statues and follies to explore.
Weddings Hartwell is the perfect place for a wedding, whether a small ceremony, wedding breakfast or marquee in the grounds it will be a day to remember.
Hartwell`s Health Spa is housed in a splendid building modelled on an orangery and contains a generous-sized swimming pool, spa bath, steam room, saunas and a well equipped gymnasium.
Hartwell House welcomes children over the age of 6 years.
Hartwell House are members of Relais & Chateaux and Pride of Britain, has Four Red Stars Award Winning from the AA and has been part of the National Trust since September 2008.