We have Lodges and Apartments which sleep from 2 to 8 people. These are rented on a weekly basis with occupation commencing from either a Saturday or a Sunday depending on the unit. Rental prices range upwards from £250 depending on the size of the unit.
Set in conservation parkland overlooking Rutland Water, Barnsdale Country Club has one of the most amazing picturesque views in the United Kingdom .
The Old Hall at Barnsdale was originally constructed in 1890 for the VI Earl Fitzwilliam as a family hunting Lodge and continues to welcome visitors today – where better to relax and enjoy the idyllic views of Rutland Water and the superbly landscaped gardens which slope gently down to the shore.
Enjoy the many on-site activities for those looking for an action packed holiday, or simply sit back and enjoy the breathtaking views for those looking to relax.
Here at Barnsdale we have something for everyone.
Our resort has a huge range of facilities which are all free to use by guests during their stay, excluding spa treatments and hairdressing.
We look forward to hearing from you !
Terms and Conditions
1. BOOKING: Full Payment will be taken from your credit/debit card at the time of booking. For bookings more than 7 nights duration, it may be necessary to change apartment during the stay due to circumstances beyond our control.
2. PAYMENTS - Full payment will be taken at the time of booking and is non refundable
3. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations should be confirmed in writing. Money will not be refunded for cancellation.
4. INSURANCE: We recommend obtaining holiday insurance for the UK and travel insurance for overseas holidays, including medical cover etc.
5. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE: Your lodge or apartment will be available from 16.00 hours on the date of arrival. If you arrive earlier in the day you are welcome to use the Club's facilities whilst your apartment is being prepared. On the day of departure you are required to vacate your apartment by 10.00 hours at the latest so that we may prepare it for the next guests.
6. FACILITIES: Our Leisure facilities are available for you to use throughout your stay at no extra charge.
7. ACCURACY: Whilst the information given on our website and our brochure is accurate at the time of going to press, changes may have since occurred in the accommodation or facilities described over which we have no control. Not all Apartments and lodges have the exact same décor so may vary slightly from those described. If any significant or long term changes are made we will inform you at the time of booking. If you have already booked, we will endeavour where possible to notify you before your departure.
8. MAINTENANCE: Whenever possible maintenance work is done with little or no disruption to our guests, however, it is sometimes necessary to close facilities in order to carry out essential maintenance work.
9. PETS: Pets are not permitted on site with the exception of guide dogs.
10. BREAKAGES: Guests undertake to keep the property in the same state of repair and condition in which it is found at the commencement of the holiday. Full inventory checks are completed upon your departure and any breakages will be invoiced at the end of the letting.
11. ELECTRICITY: Guests agree to pay all metered electricity charges and all telephone calls made from the property during their stay.
12. OCCUPANCY: The number of people occupying the apartment or lodge must not exceed the number of sleeping spaces stated.
13. ISSUES ARISING: We aim to provide you with the best holiday possible but in the event of any issues or concerns you might have we ask you to bring it to the attention of the Resort's Management in order that the matter can be resolved on the spot. We can not rectify your concerns when you have left the resort so please give us the chance to rectify them while you are here.
14. LIABILITY: Neither Barnsdale Country Club Resorts or employees accept any liability for:
Any accident, loss, damage or injury to any person or property however caused Any change to the facilities of the Club.
Any part of your holiday over which we have no direct control such as transport delays or failure in the supply of gas, water or electricity.
Closure of facilities whether on the resort or in the local area for whatever reason.
15. LINEN: All bed linen will be provided for you as will towels for your Leisure usage.
Set in conservation parkland overlooking Rutland Water, Barnsdale Hall Country Club is one of the most unusual and comprehensive leisure complexes in the United Kingdom. This makes it an ideal location for corporate business, conference and leisure pastimes. With a rich and varied range of things to do on and off site there is, we believe, no better position in which to be located in this country.
With this unique setting, personal charm, character, and friendly but attentive personnel, Barnsdale Hall Hotel is the perfect venue whatever your occasion may be. Extensive spa and leisure facilities makes it a haven in which to retreat, relax and unwind. With its breathtaking views of the natural splendours of Rutland Water
East Midlands and Luton are the closest airports to Barnsdale. When travelling by car then the normal journey time is approximately 1 hour.
The journey time from Stansted by car is approximately 1½ hrs. The route is fairly direct, M11, A14, A1 and then on to the A606. Alternatively there is a train service from Stansted Airport direct to Oakham leaving approximately every hour and takes 2 hours.
From Heathrow airport the normal journey time is 1¾ hrs. The route is again fairly direct, M25, A1, A606.
Alternatively there are train services direct into London, followed by the GNER service out of King's Cross to Peterborough, change at Peterborough for Oakham.
From Gatwick airport the normal journey time is 2¼hrs, The route is once again fairly direct, M25, A1, A606.
Alternatively there are train services direct into London, followed by the GNER service out of King's Cross to Peterborough, change at Peterborough for Oakham, journey time - approx 2½ hrs.